Thursday, July 8, 2010

Charleston, WV

I realized after my last post I never told you guys that we were moving!

YAY! kind of. Remember when I told you they took the West Virginia job away from us? Fast forward a month or so. Bert had gone on more interviews, our house sold in one day and I was becoming more and more stressed. In our relationship we had decided that no major decision should be made unless beer or martinis or wine were involved. So as we saddled up to our favorite watering hole, we talked. And talked and talked.

We came to the decision that we were done looking for jobs outside of Pittsburgh. We fell in love with a house in a different section of Pittsburgh and we were going to have Bill rehab the house. We called Bill to come down and give us an estimate of costs and a time frame. We agreed that we would write up and offer the following day. (This was Tues)

The next morning I began to prepare the agreement of sale and I get a text from Bert - "Bob just called and asked if I was still interesting in the WV job". WHAT?! But we already decided we weren't moving?! But, when the fates throw something your way you shouldn't say no. So, on Thursday he interviewed with the big boss. By Friday he was offered the job! Like for real offered the job, not like last time. And we had about a month to find a new place to live and prepare ourselves for the idea of a new state move.

The following weekend we drove down to Charleston, WV with the intent of finding an apartment. Here is the kicker - once you own a home it is hard to go back to a rental apartment. AND, having a dog and a cat makes that process so much harder. We were going to pay more for an apartment then a mortgage. SO, we decided to buy a townhouse. We tend to make decisions quickly. We liked the community, we liked that they have a pool and a community center. I liked that it was brand new construction, I would be the first to run the dishwasher and the oven! I LOVE that the laundry is on the first floor as is our master suite. We have three bedrooms and 2.5 baths! Now all we need are friends to have over for dinner.... wanna come visit?

He started his new job on July 1st. Crazy whirl-wind of crazy, that is the only way I can describe the past month!

No comments: