Monday, January 31, 2011

The Secret

I love old people. I love old people couples even more. Whenever I see a cute and in love old couple I have to ask them - what is the secret? What do you wish you knew when you first started?

It is no secret that I am desperate to have a good marriage. I want to do everything right and I want it to be something that a fairy tale will be written about. So - before I forget the sage advice I want to write it down.

Today - A Fabulously Yummy Couple - 65 years of bliss
It was hard to get a straight answer out of these two, they wouldn't stop giggling at each other and interrupting one another. Their secret - Always be desperately in love.

How is easy does that sound? I am hopeful about this secret since I am already desperately in love with Bert. How could I not be? He is AWESOME! And he thinks I am funny, and he dances around the house and sings with me.... awesome, I know.

But, I think it is reminding yourself everyday that you are desperately in love that can be the kicker. It is easy to remember that when life is great, but what about the hard times? What about the mundane days? What about that time you had to move to West Virginia in a months time? Those are the times that I try to work extra hard at remembering he is my lover and soul mate and extra, extra hard showing him he is all of those things plus more. It is sometimes easier to think those things but I have to remember to SHOW and SHOW some more. I don't want him to ever think I am just gliding on by.

Want to share your secret?

No comments: